high-tech businesses; innovation; international trade; exchange rates; currency unions; environmental economics; e-business; international environmental issues; trade and the environment; Canada’s National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI); public policy and the economics of cannabis prohibition.
- Early trading at UBC election stock market predicts hung parliament with BC Greens holding balance of power - Straight.com
- The Jon McComb Show: Could a stock market beat opinion polls predicting the BC election? - CKNW News Talk 980
- UBC professor presents alternative to public opinion polling - The Globe and Mail
- Donald Trump signs to withdraw from Trans-Pacific Partnership - CKNW News Talk 980
- Yellowknifers launch petition to eliminate seasonal time changes in NWT - CBC.ca
- Ottawa plans to approve pipeline, Trans Mountain the frontrunner: reports - News1130
- How you could make cash on a Donald Trump victory: Don Pittis - CBC.ca
- Who'll win federal election? Markets know better than polls - The Globe and Mail (subscription)
- Are gas prices out of line with the low price of oil? - University of British Columbia
- Armchair political pundits put their money where their mouth is in election stock market - University of British Columbia
Recent press releases and articles:
Q&A | What’s next for Northern Gateway?